The Alberta Citizens on Patrol Association was formed to assist Citizen on Patrol Group members throughout the Province of Alberta:
- In building partnerships with community stakeholders and prevention programs throughout the province.
- Provide general liability insurance for C.O.P. Groups.
- Provide training programs for members.
- Supporting development and sustainability of C.O.P. Groups in the province.
- Supply identification cards to A.C.O.P.A group members.
- Ensure resources and services are available province wide.
In these times, it is imperative that communities become involved in enhancing community safety through crime prevention. The mission of A.C.O.P.A is to build safer communities by mobilizing citizens throughout Alberta to participate in a community-based crime prevention initiative in co-operation with their local law enforcement agencies.